Search This Blog

Ain't Got No Home

A rest day when we hadn't planned on riding. What a concept! My body and my bike appreciated the day off. I spent my morning catching up on correspondence and listening to the official radio show of the Bay 2 Bay Bike Ride, Open Tunings on WRUR.org. It was almost like a regular day at home but it isn't. 

Findlay is a surprisingly vibrant city. It is the headquarters of Marathon Petroleum. The downtown is well maintained filled with restaurants, bike shops and other stores. We had lunch in an Irish Pub and I had a fried baloney sandwich. My system is in for quite a shock when we get home.

Joshua from Stout Cyclery did a tune up on our bikes. Here is a picture of us with Joshua and Meridian the official dog of the Stout Cyclery. We are anxious to try the bikes out but are committed to taking a day off. I thought everyone would appreciate the sign that is posted at the bike shop.

One problem with taking a day off is you can check the weather constantly. So far Friday's forecast for rain hasn't changed. That could really gum up our plans since we are meeting friends in Ashtabula Friday night.

Today, we took time to record a short video for the Tour de Cure. I think I may be nominated for an Oscar in the category of Best 70 Year Old Actor Wearing a Blue Jersey and Biking Cross Country.

This is our fifth week on the road living in hotels. We really feel like we "Ain't Got No Home." That song by the Clarence "Frogman" Henry was performed by The Band. It has just a classic refrain that I have posted below:


Ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo
Ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo
Ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo
Ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo
Ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo
Ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo-ooo ooo
 

BIRTHDAYS

I didn't know when I started this how many people's birthdays would coincide with the trip. Today's birthday greetings go to Nathan, Pam, Suzanne and Carolyn. Oh and of course today is 98 days since my sister Judy's birthday.

Comments

Popular Posts