Search This Blog

Goin To Kansas City

It was good to get on the bikes today, after taking yesterday off. The repairs on the bikes went well. Thom's front brake no longer rubbed and the squeaking was gone from my gears. Thank You Stout Cycles.

We started out on the road.



The headwinds were strong today but I didn't think they were that strong enough to blow us two miles from Kansas. Fortunately that was Kansas, Ohio not Kansas City, Missouri or Kansas City, Kansas. 

After 40 miles we turned onto the North Coast Inland Trail. It's quite a mouthful to say but it was a pleasure to ride. I would estimate that of the 60 miles left in the ride about 15 miles were on the road, 25 was on stone dust trail and 20 miles were on paved trail. 


One of the lowlights of today's ride was being delayed by a train. It's pretty interesting that with the number of trains we have seen and the number of times we have crossed train tracks we haven't been delayed by a train. Just as we could see the end of the train, it stopped and starting backing up.  We had to wait until the train had totally backed up and we crossed in front of the train. 

At one point we called Claudia to discuss logistics for the next two days. I was trying to be optimistic about getting some miles in but Claudia said rightfully we should trust the science. Thom and I considered trying to stretch the day's ride beyond 100 miles but it appears my limit is about 8 hours of riding.

Here is the ride on Strava:


PROGRESS

Today was our seventh ride over 100 miles. We only have 725 miles until home. Here's your favorite table: Wait before I put in the table, Claudia had a book club zoom last night. When I said hi, several of the attendees told me they didn't cate about the table. Some said they prefer my restaurant reviews. So for them I should mention that we had lunch today at Wild Brew in Clyde, Ohio. It was in a former bank. The staff was great and the food was quite good. Now the table:


TOMORROW

We are going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Claudia and I have been there but Thom hasn't. I may get some new material. Tomorrow night we will rendezvous with our former neighbors from Rochester in Ashtabula, OH.
 

Comments

  1. You all are making terrific progress....I'd just be getting to Albequerque! Hope it's all downhill from Ohio to RI.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts