Search This Blog

Today's Goin Be a Good Good Day

 I really don't like that song and I don't even know who sings it so I can tell you which version it is but it's too sing songy for me.

The hotel in Gallup, NM will be happy to know that they have been passed for the worst breakfast on the trip. That's it, just a small chewy bar and a tangerine.

 

We then started our ride through the coast of Lake Erie in PA. It was very pretty. Then we toured the campus of Thom's high school. He had a great time pointing out items to me. The campus is full of interesting buildings and a lot of memories for Thom. What is missing in the picture below is the sign next to Thom which said among other items "No Bicycles". Fortunately I still managed to get my finger in the picture. If you are on Facebook, Thom has posted some great shots of the buildings.

We then stopped for a real breakfast at The Bean Coffee House in North East, PA. Nathan, the husband of the owner spent a fair amount of time talking to us. He is a triathlete. He made some recommendations for out route today/ They made a lot of sense. The avocado toast was scrumptious. Tomorrow is his daughter's birthday. It was another feel good experience at a local restaurant. Below is a picture of Thom, Nathan and me.
A few miles down the road we crossed the border into New York. There was no sign welcoming us to the state so I took a picture of Thom and I in front of the first town sign, believe it or not. (Please contain your chuckles.)
We ended up riding 118.8 miles. The second longest day on the trip. Claudia drove to our friends Sue and Scott's house in Rochester. Scott drove our car back to Corfu (about 49 miles) to pick us up at the end of the ride. It was great to see how relaxed Claudia was when we got to Sue and Scott's house. Being in a familiar place does wonders for your psyche. It was also funny to witness Sue's reaction when I walked into the house. I guess I don't look charming or smell particularly nice after a long bike ride because she really recoiled when I approached her. She said hugs would have to wait until I showered.

Here is the ride on Strava:


PROGRESS

Besides being in familiar territory and our twelfth state we are over 85% done with the ride in terms of miles and climbing. Both Thom and I feel like we are cruising towards the end.
Here is the summary:

TOMORROW

We have another 49 miles to reach our Rochester destination. We will also be riding the Erie Canal Path for a significant portion of the ride. The Canal Path will be our primary route between Rochester and Albany over the next four days.

Comments

  1. The bike path will feel like flying first class compared to some of the surfaces you have been on. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts