Search This Blog

There goin make a big star out of me


This is going to be a short entry. We started out with a media event hosted by the Tour de Cure people in Rochester. Here's a picture of Thom and I riding into the event. Actually that could have been the third or fourth time we rode into the event. I don't know if we made the local news but there were three TV stations there.



Then Brad from the local Tour de Cure, my friend Carolyn and a friend of hers and Thom and I headed out on the Erie Canal Path. The other riders split off from us along the way since they didn't have the extra special SAG wagon driver to pick them up at the end. Here's a picture of Thom, me and Brad.



 

Thom and I did 47 mile ride. The canal path was about 60 percent stone dust and 40 percent paved. We averaged about 13 MPH on the path. The last seven miles were on Route 31. We averaged about 16 MPH on the road. We are evaluating our route for the next two days. Here is the ride on Strava:


Thom, Claudia and I had a great lunch in Clyde. Then Sue and Scott had a cookout with some of our friends from Rochester. There will be more pictures later on.

PROGRESS

We are over 3,000 miles for the trip and may have only 4 more days of riding left. Here's the bottom row of the table:

Yes, I know the remaining climb is higher than it was yesterday. You are going to have to ask Dr. Google about that.

TOMORROW

We hope to make it to Utica but rain is forecast so it may be another day in Rochester.


So you are wondering how I handled the media interviews: I followed the advice to: Act Naturally!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts